Monday, January 31, 2011

Introducing Ami of AMZCREATIONZ

Want to get to know us Amys better?
Here continues a series of getting-to-know-you interviews.
Next up: Ami Ganguli of AMZCREATIONZ

How long have you been an artist, and how long have you been active as a business artist?
I have been an artist all my life. As a kid, I used to love painting. I still do. I enjoy watercolors the most. With time I got interested in different forms of art. Some years back, I started making jewelry, knitting & crocheting and have been hooked since. I am very passionate about what I do. I enjoy creating and redefining my designs, especially adding a touch of sparkle to the contemporary motif. I adore feminine elements and like to fuse them with stronger, bolder patterns. My love for colors shine through my work. I have recently turned an active business artist - about six months back. My creations were well received and appreciated, however, getting the sales I would like is another story.


Are you an artist full time?
I spend a considerable amount of my day studying and taking care of my home. Presently, I am doing research to publish. I would love to become a full time artist, I hope that will happen once I complete my studies.


Who or what inspires you to create?
Inspiration is everywhere... the one thing that always inspires me is COLORS. I love colors and they inspire me to create my own art.

Describe your work space.
I work at home. On the dining table, sometimes on the kitchen counter.. I always have my design book tucked by my bed side. Most of my drawing and designing happens there, in bed. :)

What kinds of things do you like to do in your free time?
I believe that human life is a gift and one must do everything possible to pass it on to those who are not as fortunate. I love animals, grew up with quite a few pets at home. I miss them a lot. My current situation does not allow me to have them at home, so I dedicate a few hours every week to the local shelter working with dogs, training them, sharing their lives and helping them find a loving home.


What is your favorite handmade item, made by you or given to you?
That would have to be a gorgeous fuschia winter dress and matching braided cap that my mom knitted for me. I was about 6 at that time. My Mom is a creative genius herself and she's the most wonderful person I have ever known. Mom travels and works very hard to make a difference in the lives of those who are struggling to fight poverty and hunger in developing nations. She showed us, my brother and I, the real joy of giving. She made me a lot of dresses when I was younger, taught me how to knit.. we have a lot in common. I dedicated my blog to her -- www.yarnilicious.blogspot.com

What does being an Amy mean to you?
Everything. Thats me... my thoughts, my karma.

I learned the art of cooking once I began living alone and had no help. Over the years, I have come to enjoy cooking and post my recipes here - www.dot.rannaghor-theke.blogspot.com
I enjoy the company of friends and love to make eveyone smile and laugh. My dream would be to own a working studio where people could just walk in and hang out... have a good time and relax. And I would spend my day working and sipping hot chocolate with them. :)

Facebook: ~AMZCREATIONZ~ Artisan Jewelry (FB Group)
ETSY STORES :

No comments: